Thursday 27 May 2010

Hello!

I've been threatening to write a blog for a while, but I get really anxious about people reading anything I write so have always wrote things down but kept it to myself. But I can't be like that forever, and now I've finished my second year of Uni and have a long stretch of summer ahead of me, I thought I'd use this free time to start doing those things I always intended to do, but for one reason or another have put off.

It may be a little odd as I'm only 20, but sometimes I worry I'll never get round to do the things I want to do in life. I have an epic (and rather ambitious) Bucket List, and really don't want to be sat in a nursing home 50-odd years from now and thinking "I wish I'd have done that...". My mum says I'm trying to rush through life, but I'm just young and impatient and excitable.

Anyway, to the three people that I will force to read this blog, I hope I don't bore you too much! And if I occasionally seem a bit of a looney toon, please don't have me committed and/or sever all ties...

P.S. The title of this blog "not tomorrow, but soon" comes from one of my favourite poems: 'The Last Time I Saw Paris' by Tom Disch. Worth a read, if you fancy it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment